Aug 4, 2011

Class will begin on September 5th!

Arrived Kuching yesterday. Got my brother, JJ to pick me up from the airport. I dropped him at his university and headed straight to Swinburne University by noon. I just wanted to settle the application as quickly as possible.

A little unfamiliar of the roads in Kuching, I did lose my way for some time before I finally found my parking space in the Uni's campus. I got out and quickly got hold of a woman I saw passing by me to ask for directions from her. She gave me a very detailed route to where I should go to hand in my application.

I thanked her for her help of course, especially because of how detailed her description was. But if I could take back my gratitude, I would, for she was actually leading me to the wrong place. I trusted her for she looked a staff working in the Uni, wearing a nametag with the Uni's logo around her neck. Yes. She led me to the wrong place, and that made wonder, did I ask wrongly or was I just a victim of her prank?

Anyway, I got hold of someone else, a student, to lead me the way, which was actually in another building. I could only laughed at myself. Darn you, mak cik Swinburne! ( I could only refer her as that )

So I sent in my application form along with some appropriate documents. The marketing officer, Elaine David , was friendly and helpful so I can leave as soon as possible as I was hungry, having skipped breakfast that morning. Although she was unsure of the terms of the scholarship given by the Uni. I didn't have to catch her off guard, so I ignored the thought of wanting to pour in more unsuspecting questions like "If I had diarrhoea during lecture, is the toilet close enough for me to make it?" or "Do I have attend the lectures?" .

Meh. I applied yesterday, and I received my offer letter acceptance earlier today, and I'm eligible to apply for the entrance Scholarship which gives me a 15% discount of my tuition fees for the first year.

I'll be doing the Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) course for 4 years beginning September 5th.

I'm happy and I hope you are happy too. Have a nice day peeps!






5 comments:

  1. whoa....maju suda kawan. goodluck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thumbs uppppppp for u rex....finally u are there...Good luck and all the best...is that solemn enough for u? U take care dear and GBU

    ReplyDelete