Aug 22, 2009

Rest in peace, Father Wan.

Morning dear readers of my rants. Or whatever time it is for you now la. :D

I was awoken just now by the loud drilling through the wall behind me. New neighbours are still patching up their new house. I've got to find time to get to know them a little. Although, I think the renovation job would go on for quite some time and it'll definitely ruin my afternoon siesta (it did, many times anyway). It might be annoying, but then again, we have to comprehend.

My new next-doors seem friendly. Did manage to talk a little with them last week.Still need to find more time to get to know them better. Maybe I could borrow a cup of sugar.

Anyway, my family was a hit by another unfortunate event last Thursday. A very good friend of my parent, the one blessed me when I was still in mum's womb, the person who listened to my sister's first confession had pass away.

The news was devastating. Father Anthony Wan is a priest that I looked up to.

He's the most dedicated priest that I personally know. He speaks in a very humble manner. Really someone I look up to.

I've heard that he's diabetic and that he has been suffering for quite long, but the still, he had the faith to go preach and live in the interior, away from modern medical assistance.

Under his white hair is a mind full of wisdom. I was always attentive when he gives his sermon. And his jokes were always witty yet meaningful in one way or another.

He was a another very close family friend. I remember always asking my parents this whenever Father Wan is in Bintulu "Not going out with Father Wan ka dad?" "Tonight, son". They were that close.

I did plan to spend a few days with him in the ulu. My mother asked his permission and he was more than welcome to accept my presence, but I suppose it's impossible now.

The demise of Father Wan will certainly be felt by many people and we all can only leave his soul in the hands of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment