Oct 26, 2009

Will Get Used..

I listen to my own self talking,

Speaking through my own heart beat,

It’s not that I don’t appreciate,

The words just won’t let me admit it,

Time is not my friend anymore,

I can’t even trust something without life,

Who am I to me then?

All I did was contained myself,

Opening up would cause a worse stir up,

I’m a circle of fire,

Trouble is all around me,

I’ll have to get used,

Get used to this feeling,

When people look through you,

Instead of seeing what’s in you,

It began uneasy cause,

Questions with no answers asked,

To see if I was paying the price,

No. No. No.

It wasn’t enough for me,

I never had enough,

Stopped doing many things,

And still it never actually stopped,

So then again,

As I said,

I’ll get used to it,

Is it solitary confinement of the soul?

I’ll understand what it means,

Where nobody wants to know myself,

I would know how to handle it,

Sooner or later,

I’ll get used to being alone,

All the time.

©Copyright Rex Fonseka

1 comment: