Feb 6, 2010

I know your problem but that's all I can do.

I feel I'm on a collision course with my alter ego. Sooner or later, one of us will be squashed and the other will prevail in life, laughing mockingly at my splatted self.

I'm still seeking for that little gap, even the smallest of all space, for me to be able to catch the tears of the sun that illuminates not only my path, but my acumen as well. Maths is surprisingly imposing a rather heavy resistance when it should enter my welcoming brain. Maybe I have neglected that Maths is something to be understood instead of just tossing a coin into the well and wish that the educator would stream their knowledge to you by staring back at you.

There was a kid this morning, a Form 4 student I suspect. You see, what makes him a highlight of my day is this. In his ragged clothes ( i might be over the fence here), came up to me and raised his index finger to me. A typical way for someone to ask a buck. Don't you have to be real pathetic to go ask all strangers for a dollar? Sadly, I ignored him because this happened twice, and my pocket was empty. These kind of people are like cats. Once you feed them, they'll come back meowing to you everytime they get their nasty claws on you. Sorry kiddo, wish I could help, but it was just out of my league.

Call me cruel, but that's the way the world rotates. Life's unfair. To earn something, you shall never resort to begging. Earn it with dignity. Sometimes, we would furnished ourselves from top to bottom, every nooks and crannies of ourselves with sorrow, empathy and sympathy and all somber crap, and that's just about it. We would complain about why are there people in poverty, we would stay up all night to watch people suffer on the news and that's about it. All our sorrows end there. Realise that now, eh? Ask yourself. Why do you bother in empathising in other people's  so called "pathetic" life? You might never know, they could be having the time of their life even with the little that they have. They could be having more fun throwing stones at pigeons and counting how many skies are there than you watching the same shows on TV everyday.

The problem is we like to know other people's problem so we feel good bout ourselves. It all actually comes down to our intentions of wanting to know it all. It is harsh, but lets face it, many of us are too engrossed with our own responsibilities that we can't attend other peoples' quandary. All we are able to do is just know about it. The sad reality.

Sometimes, we just got to scrap off all our idealistic hopes and just sit down and watch the news. Keep us updated with not happenings around the world, but complaints of other earthlings instead. Now, shouldn't we be helping ourselves first before we lend a helping hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment