Sep 14, 2011

You have to flexible in life. Really.

The hot weather in Kuching can really drive my good mood away.

How am I to focus on my studies when my mind keeps reminding me about the heat?

It's hot.

Yet sometimes it gets cold.

I guess it'll take some time to adjust.

9 months away from the books and study can really drain my so called 'studious' self.

I need to get use to the lectures.

The tutors.

I need to quickly adapt to their style.

I need to understand the way they approach their students so I can know how to approach them too.

My dad's friend once told me :

"In life, you've got to be like a snake. You have to bend your way around instead of just going straight in order to move. So when you hit a brick wall, you know how to move sideways and move onward again."

I used to believe that we should move straight in life without paying much attention to your left and right.

But then lately I was thinking about what my dad always tell me :

"In life son, it's not only about what you know, but who you know."

He often reminds that I should just put aside all the dislikes and be approachable and open minded to people that you rely on cause the end result would be self-rewarding.

I guess now that I'm away from here. I'm gonna live by these words. To smartly steer my way in life to and know the right people. 

Cause now I believe that that would get me to somewhere I need to be.

A GOOD LIFE.

And no matter how bad any situation can be.
No matter how depressing life can be.
No matter how cruel people may be.

My dad would tell me :

"Don't care la. Do what you want and you think is right. If at this stage already you cannot tahan, it'll be much worse once you start working. People will step on you from all different places."

A few days ago, I was talking to my dad on the phone and he asked if I'm happy here. After complaining about the things I don't like it here to him, I answered him I am happy and excited. I meant it.

And I could hear the pleasure in his voice when he said that me being happy here is the number one concern for him and my mum.

Which just made me feel calm.

So I'm gonna swallow in all the bad and have fun here, while not forgetting to do my best to achieve my best.

Should there be any obstacles along the way, face it.

And take some time off once in a while cause the body and mind and soul need it.


random. haha.

Have a nice day peeps!


3 comments: