Sep 27, 2011

Engineering Drawing.

Can someone make love engineering drawing?

"It's all up to you"
"No one can help you but yourself"
"What's drawing?"
"Engineers draw?"
"Since when do engineers know how to draw?"

It's when science meet art. Or rather, logic.

Somehow, the engineering part just doesn't seem to find it's way to my artistic side.

Even the ruler can be confusing.

"Eh, itu jurutera ada klas melukis ah? Saya tidak pandai guna itu pembaris buat garis. Nak pakai yang cm ka Inch punya tepi untuk buat itu garis?"

It's not that I hate drawing so much. It's the tediousness that I have to go through when doing the task. It's more like precision drawing.

"Eh, kalau 1cm sama dengan 10mm , 1mm sama dengan berapa inci leh?"

It's time consuming.

"Rex, it's been a week since you passed the deadline to submit your tutorial. Have you started drawing?"
"Draw?"

And I really can't picture and know what to draw.

"Rex, you draw this lines joining here and there. Then you extend the line so that it meets here. After that you must draw the dimensions and stat here. After finishing that, write down your name in this column and proceed to draw a curve here after you've done drawing the line in mm that is not more than what the rule states so that you can get marks if you draw correctly"
"Okay. I understand that part, sir. But when do I start drawing?"

I don't know. I just don't like to draw. Adding salt to wound, I have to do it neatly, which is an aspect I've kept hidden deep in my inner core, never to be found again.

"Rex! Why your work so messy?"
"Are all good engineers neat and tidy, sir?"

I just don't want to fail or get just a minimum pass for this subject.

I haven't started using AutoCAD yet.

Don't know what will happen then.

Have a nice day peeps!



1 comment:

  1. well i do admit that engineering drawing is the hardest subject i've ever had. You should do a lot of practices and beware of autocad.Autocad needs a lot of attention in class/tutorial. Gud luckkk!

    ReplyDelete