Oct 2, 2011

My message to the PM.

Taken from today's StarOnline.

PEKAN: Every Malaysian can become successful with a national education system that does not discriminate, said Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.

He said the country’s education system had opened a pathway for many individuals to become successful within just one generation.

“We can see that our leaders, corporate figures, professionals and scholars are successful today because of an education system that made social mobility a reality,”

This system, he added, was probably much better than those practised in other advanced countries, where only people with status and means could have the opportunity to become successful.

“If a person were to be born as the child of a labourer in a ghetto, they would have a very narrow chance of succeeding in life,”

“Even if they are successful, it is because they have extraordinary skills in boxing or basketball."

“Whereas in Malaysia, we have the opportunity to change our lives through education due to our system that allows anyone regardless of economic status to enjoy success as long as they have the will.”

Then why was I not given a place in a government University when my I have CGPA of 3.00 in my STPM, sir? I had to go to a private university now and apply for PTPTN loan. Even that, PTPTN doesn't give a full loan so I have to pay the extra thousands of Ringgit with my parents money who are close to retirement.

I'm not judging that this is a mistake. But I'm thinking that what you have said might be a little overstretched. 

If our education system is better than other advanced countries, does that mean that very soon that we are going to be more advanced than them? Since education is one of the fundamentals in achieving a more advanced country. Or am I too naive too see your point of view, sir?

And how extraordinary is extraordinary skill? There are many people I've seen in sports like NBA or football that possess average sportsmanship but still made it into professional sports. Why? Cause these advanced countries also focuses on groups of people who can't excel in their education but can excel in sports. Do we have that here, sir? I love basketball, but it seems as though that professional sports in this country is still behind many other countries.

And do you know that in schools now, there are many hidden fees that we have to pay? Co-curriculum fees, PIBG fees, School uniforms, Books, Photocopying worksheets and etc. It is true that they have the will, they have the opportunity to achieve success, but how many from the lower income group possess the will to handle all these 'hidden' fees? I suggest that this 'fees' should be looked into by your people, sir.

This is not me bashing the government or you sir. I believe you have good intentions but at times, you may be a little outstretched and forgot the little Malaysians whom in the present, might seem tedious and don't have any effect on your status as a Prime Minister.

But aren't we, the people. your priority?

I'm a Malaysian who's just voicing out my thoughts.

I know it's near impossible for you to come across this post, or even my blog, but I hope others who share the same message I have will reach to your understanding.

God bless Malaysia.

Have a nice day peeps!


5 comments:

  1. Hahahaha, every country's leader is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bullshit education system.. I see rich people get scholarship by giving false information. I see how rich people become more successful and I see poor people become poorer. I also see those sponsored scholars become shit. Taking thing for granted. Don't appreciate wisdom itself. Learning without knowledge is like shitting without shit. I see how they point their mistake to other when they can't solve it. Opps.. they DO NOT KNOW HOW!

    One word: Corrupted

    ReplyDelete