Apr 22, 2010

The media.

Hello, people of Facebook and Wordpress and all over the globe. Thanks for dropping by.

Can anybody offer me rational tips on how to blog?

I think I've been too engrossed with nothing.

"Rex, what are you thinking?"
"Nothing. Today is so hot even my bed is sweating. I'm thinking of how to sleep in a sweaty bed!?"

I snooped around StarOnline today and I'm fired with an endless barrage of bullets carrying news regarding adultery, violence or any immoral acts or suicide. And they are the most viewed piece of news.


Something is not right here now is it? I heard a lecture before given by some famous dude and he mentioned that we should not read the papers in the morning cause it might distort our "I feel good, fresh air's good" feeling. Bad news would only ruin our 'good vibe' for the day. Initially, I had to disagree with a statement like that, cause lunch breaks with the boys at work would be less of the expected social norm if you talked about yesterday's news.

"Wow! Yesterday's newspaper/news were all great! I can't wait to find out what happened yesterday in today's newspaper when I read it before bed tonight!"

It's no wonder results for the election are always at night.

Still. What if bad news was present? Would it not distort our sleep? Or maybe his philosophy was "He'll sleep it through".

Anyway, we got to learn to balance from what's right and what's wrong. What the news have to tell us, it should help us the world at a whole different perspective. Is it not a social problem when these kind of news gets the most attention and yet, nothing is physically done to overcome it?

The mind's of many is just too enclosed. It's a severe damage that not many will stretch out their hands in case they too get the dirt on their bleached clothing.

I'm frightened. What will the future be?

No comments:

Post a Comment