Jan 6, 2013

Free will in religion?

Now it has been ages since I last posted something here. Kind of forgotten about till I realised yesterday, how much I miss ranting to the cyber world. This is not my diary or anything like that. It's for people who live average daily lives to have something to 'entertain' themselves with in their 'essential free time' that we all love to waste.

Typical Christians go to church on Sundays. Sometimes I wonder, if a survey on how 'honest' you are with church going is done, how many percentage of my fellow Catholic brothers and sisters go to church out of total respect for the religion?

Priests and often parents too tell us that we should go to church on Sundays with an open heart to receive the Christ in the form Communion and to listen to the word of God. Is it any wrong for us to carry this duty just as an obligation to the church? Aren't we actually obligated (forced?) to go to church cause skipping Sunday mass promises us eternal damnation?

I always belief that religion is a guide for us to understand the threshold of our free will. We should not be forced to believe that Jesus is the saviour of the world (I'm not a non-believer. Trust me). It all boils down to our own free will if we choose to believe, isn't it? We can't blame parents, priests, friends or anyone for that matter if we 'stray' away from the light.

God gave us a free will. And no one can ever change that. "A Clockwork Orange" is an eye opener of a movie that questions free will. Highly recommended movie.

Anyway, I'm not judging anyone's faith here, nor am I questioning mine. I may not a hardcore Catholic nor do I memorise every prayer and say the Rosary everyday, but I do have faith in God and I believe in the Bible.

My question is, what's the correlation between the free will I have and my faith in God?


No comments:

Post a Comment